Things We Need From You
Please bring the following information with you at the time of your appointment:
*** IMPORTANT INFORMATION ***
The Affordable Care Act (ACA) – also known as Obama Care, is now required to be reported on your tax return. You should be receiving Form 1095A, 1095B, or 1095C from your employer or insurance provider that has to be reported on your income tax return. In addition we will need to have all information regarding any and all income received by dependents claimed on your tax return. For additional information regarding the ACA please call our office.
1. Names, Birthdates, and Social Security numbers for taxpayer, spouse, and dependents.
2. The name, address, and employee identification number (social security number if no EIN) of child care provider
3. W2’s for each employer you worked for.
4. Form 1095A, 1095B, or1095C advising of health insurance coverage.
5. 1099R forms for all retirement/pension distributions
6. 1098 forms indicating mortgage interest paid
7. 1099 Misc forms for other income
8. 1099 INT forms for all interest received
9. Statement of any unemployment received
10.Statement of sale of Stocks/Bonds
11.Statement for all qualified education tuition
12.Total of medical, dental, and long term care premiums paid
13.Total of all out of pocket medical, dental, and long term care expense including prescriptions
14.Amount of purchase for energy saving products.
15.Sales tax paid on any vehicle, boat, or large ticket item
16.Taxes paid on all real property
17.Amount of paid Union or employment Association dues
18.Any other information which appears to be relevant to the preparation of your tax return
19.Copy of your previous year’s tax return (if not prepared by our office)
Should you have an item you are not sure about, bring it with you and we will determine whether the item is a tax deduction for you.